Coming to the university really early in the morning is either a pain in the neck or a good chance to gather your thoughts in peace. The library is often quiet, as it is, but at this time its also near-empty. And cold.
Having had the foresight to retrieve his jacket from the car earlier, I slip into its warm comfort gratefully. Even if it looks ridiculous on me like an overly-casual grey lab coat or even like, now that I have short hair, a boy though a little on the feminine side. Here, it doesn't matter though. The warmth is close to that of a constant hug, an embrace I can feel even when he's not directly beside me. It lends some comfort, at least.
There is truly no rest. As rolling waves that come in one after another, at times getting bigger with each wave, so do assignment deadlines keep knocking me over. I don't think I'm alone in saying that "I WANT A BREAK!" though I probably am all by myself in this cesspool of laziness.
I've just "finished" the first draft of my final year project though 'finished' is a little too much of an assumptive word to use. But...I'm tired and I want to complain. So here I am. Heh.
People have been so nice though. Much as I hate doing surveys, it was almost worth the weird-slash-fearful looks I got from some people when they saw me walking toward them with a stack of papers in my arms to meet friendly and helpful individuals irregardless of race. And here I could go on a long morally/politically correct boast about racial harmony and whatnot but I won't. S'not nice to make these very real people I've met sound like simple 2-dimensional characters out of your primary school textbook.
Though, I would love to go back to those days when if I was bored in class, I could draw mustaches on the pictures in those books and not bother too much about studying because it was all in your head anyway. Ah, wishes...


|